Sacraments & Prayer
We fully embrace prayer’s central role at St. Dominic by offering a multitude of opportunities for students to pray, both individually and as a community.
The entire St. Dominic community gathers for all-school Masses on a monthly basis. Weekly Mass is offered during Empower Hour in the Fr. Bob Lane Chapel.
All-school Masses take place at 10:30 am in the Fallon Family Center.
- Tuesday, September 17: Mass of the Holy Spirit
- Wednesday, October 30: Pro-Life
- Tuesday, November 26: Advent
- Tuesday, January 28: Catholic Schools Week
- Wednesday, February 26: Ash Wednesday
- Thursday, April 23: Easter
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available to all students on a weekly basis during Empower Hour. Once each semester, the entire student body takes part in Reconciliation services – one in Advent and one in Lent.
- Fall 2019: Wednesday, November 20 – 8:30-11 am
- Spring 2020: Wednesday, March 11 – 8:30-11 am
Throughout the school year, Eucharistic Adoration is available on a weekly basis during Empower Hour in the Fr. Bob Lane Chapel. On the first Friday of each month, the Blessed Sacrament is exposed for the entire school day, with time set aside for each religion class to visit the chapel for prayer and quiet contemplation.
“I love the prayer opportunities that are provided here. Simply praying an Our Father before each class makes me feel better if I'm worried about a test or a project. The prayer opportunities given here show our school unity and enrich our understanding of Our Savior and our beliefs as Catholics.”