St. Dominic’s roots extend to 1929, when Assumption High School opened in O’Fallon. In 1962, the Archdiocese of St. Louis established St. Dominic as a regional high school serving St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties.
Our name honors St. Dominic Guzman, patron of the Dominican Sisters of Sparkill who answered Cardinal Ritter’s call to lead the school. Longtime librarian Sr. Jeanne Margaret Stoltz, OP, was the final Dominican sister to teach at St. Dominic, retiring in 2009.
The current St. Dominic Drive campus opened in 1963, with major additions in 2000, 2005 and 2010. Today, our campus spans 50 acres, with 159,000 square feet of educational facilities.