In 1962 St. Dominic High School opened its doors and continued the legacy of offering a quality Catholic education which was passed from Assumption High School, which opened in 1929. The Dominican sisters of Our Lady of the Rosary-Sparkill responded to Cardinal Ritter's request to administer the new school; thus the name St. Dominic. The Domincan tradition of prayer, study, community and service continues to this day as St. Dominic encourages in its students lifelong growth in faith, knowledge, leadership and community involvement. Over 7000 young people have benefited from the quality, Catholic, secondary education they received while students at our school.
- Generate and sustain the life long interest and involvement of alumni, students, friends, and supporters at St. Dominic High School in the programs and activities of the school and the association.
- Encourage and support the commitment of alumni and friends to St. Dominic's mission and goals.
- To work harder to reach and find new ways to initiate, improve and expand your role as a St. Dominic alumna/alumnus.
- Preserve the rich heritage of Assumption and St. Dominic High School.
- Recognize achievements of Assumption and St. Dominic alumni, faculty and staff.
- To support academic achievement through the awarding of scholarships to current students.