In 1962, St. Dominic High School opened its doors and continued the legacy of quality Catholic education that began with the founding of Assumption High School in 1929. The Dominican sisters of Our Lady of the Rosary-Sparkill responded to Cardinal Ritter's request to administer the new school; thus the new school was named St. Dominic. The Domincan tradition of prayer, study, community and service continues to this day as St. Dominic encourages in its students lifelong growth in faith, knowledge, leadership and community involvement. More than 7,000 young people have benefited from the education they received while students at our school.
- Generate and sustain the life-long involvement of alumni, students, friends and supporters at St. Dominic High School in the school's programs and activities
- Encourage alumni and friends' commitment to St. Dominic's mission and goals
- Reach out to alumni to help strengthen their roles in the St. Dominic community
- Preserve the rich heritage of Assumption and St. Dominic High School
- Recognize achievements of Assumption and St. Dominic alumni, faculty and staff
- Support academic achievement through the awarding of scholarships to current students